Sunday, October 28, 2012

Beer and Golf



Booz and golf, it’s like peanut butter and jelly. I am so stiff and unrelaxed when playing golf. I am constantly going through the checklist in my head of all the things I should be doing and not doing. But with one simple beer I am able to relax and just let muscle memory take over. But there is that imaginary line that I am always thinking about not crossing, the line of having too much and becoming too relaxed. While reading about the effects alcohol can have on the golf game, I came across the perfect quote that says it all
If you are too relaxed, attention and focus will fade, and if you are too aroused your logical, thinking part of the brain is bypassed and your ability to make good strategy decisions will be temporarily put on hold.
While out on the green, drinking is encouraged. They have beer carts that go around and sell beer and they always have a cooler at the shop. There’s no better way to spend the day than playing a round of golf and drinking. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I was thinking that this could be true but have only driven a few golf balls in my time and think I over the line. I was at a family's lakehouse and they decided to bring out the clubs after a half day of drinking. Note to self, do not start driving balls when you over the drinking limit, lol.

    ReplyDelete