Monday, September 24, 2012

Kissing forearms

My next lesson consisted of more practice and a new technique to help tweak my form. It was kissing forearms. It's the finish part of the swing that keeps the head of the club square to keep the ball straight. If you don't twist the arms at the end your swing your ball will go flying off to the right or the left. It was a harder concept to get and it will take some practice, but it is definitely a must to get down. Even people I know who have been playing golf for years have a hard time with this part of the swing.

I was searching the internet to see what other tips I could find and I found a great website talking about this concept. Golfswingguru had this perfect image to show the exact position of the kissing forearms. In the picture you can see the ending "L" position of the club and the kissing forearms with an "X" position, which is done both at once.

Every lesson is building on the next and there is more and more to think about while swinging the club. I am using muscles I never thought I had and it is so gratifying to see the progress and how far I can actually hit the ball. Shocking to say the least.



No comments:

Post a Comment