Friday, September 21, 2012

An afternoon at the range


It was my first time to a driving range to actually participate and not just sit and watch. I was a little nervous to say the least. My nerves were quickly calmed when I was walking to an empty spot. I saw someone shank a ball and throw his club down. It made me feel a little better to know I wasn't going to be the only one who wasn't perfect that day.

Now it was my turn, I was ready!

I was thinking about everything I had learned in my first lesson and was ready to finally see how far (and if) I could hit the ball. The first ball went about two feet in front of me.. Awesome. I started thinking about my swing and body position more than actually hitting the ball and it helped actually helped. I hit the second pretty far and I was shocked. Feeling the confidense I went for three in a row... completely missed the ball. I hit half a bucket of balls that day and there were some good and some bad. When I started thinking about the ball more than the swing is when I hit the duds or missed the ball all together. I tried to use everything I had learned and kept thinkig to myself "one shot at a time" and it seemed to help. I am surprised how much I learned by reading about golf taking one lesson! I can't wait to take another lesson and show Steve all my hard work!

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this post because I have golfed before but never at a driving range. I bet your first swing was pretty nerve racking but I can't think of better place to improve your swing and stance than the driving range. You should record a video of some of your swings next time you go to the driving range, and incorporate that into your blog. I bet even watching yourself would be a great way to see what else you can work on to perfect your skills.

    ReplyDelete