Monday, November 26, 2012

WOD

Workout of the day 
Improve your swing:

While mindlessly running at my local gym one day I got to thinking how being here would help my golfing. I often think of many things while on the treadmill looking at the same spot on the adjacent wall and this is just one of those things that popped into my head. 

While looking up some workouts on the PGA Tour website I found some that would help my golf swing. I realized I was already doing most of them but could improve and substitute a few. 

1. ROW- not my favorite thing to do in the gym and I thought more of it as a cardio exercise rather than building muscle. But building my back muscles will help the my entire swing be more powerful. 

2. TRICEP DIPS- Did I say I didn't like to row? After doing a dozen of these, rowing seems fun. (I never thought I would say that!) Of course strong arms help everything about a golf swing. 

3. RUN- I can do that, while it's working my cardio and lower half I am able to clear my mind and think about everything going on around and in my life. Running will help my gluts and legs to create a strong base for the swing. 

4. ABS- It's the one thing everyone is doing at the gym and the first on my list. Having a tight core helps your swing enormously and it's the one thing everyone needs after the holidays. 



While working on my game I am also working on my knowledge about what goes on behind the game. This is just one simple thing I can accommodate in my daily trip to the gym to help better my swing and beat the boyfriend on the course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment